Re: [K12OSN] NFS Mount /home....Users Menus missing

I don't know that you need to setup BIND; I think having the correct entries in the /etc/hosts file will be sufficient.

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:43:29 -0600, Petre Scheie wrote

Here's a guess out of left field: can your terminal server resolve the name & address of the server providing /home? And vice-versa: can the /home server resolve the name & address of the terminal server? Do they both have themselves and the other in their respective /etc/hosts file? I've run into strange problems with NFS from time to time that turned out to be DNS/name resolution related.

No they cannot.  I did not setup DNS yet. I have NFS mounted via IP to
hopefully avoid this.  I will setup DNS quick and see if that helps.