[K12OSN] re: winbind loses connection to AD server (Joe Guenther)

> From: Joe Guenther <jguenther chinooksedge ab ca>
> Subject: [K12OSN] winbind loses connection to AD server
> We now have K12LTSP authenticating to our Windows 2003 Server with
> Active Directory.  The home directory also functions as desired.  BUT
> the ltsp box keeps losing the connect to the AD.  A simple wbinfo -u
> command then restores the connection and users can again login.  In fact
> this connection will at times only last a few minutes before you have to
> "reconnect" back to AD.
> we are puzzled as to why this is happening.

I'm puzzled, too, as we had the same problem when we tried Winbind in
Exeter last spring.

I wish I could help more but I'm excited to see how others (cliebow?)
have /not/ had this problem.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/