[K12OSN] Microsoft Win2003 Terminal Server licensing

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Sun Nov 20 05:08:06 UTC 2005


Yes. You need to buy a terminal CAL for each connection you will have at one
time to the server. So if you expect to have 20 connections max at a time,
then you will need to buy 20 terminal CALs. If you expect 5, then you will
need to buy 5 CALs and so on. So for each rdesktop connection you have to
the Windows 2003 Terminal Server you need to have a equivalent TS CAL. Hope
this helps.


Paul VanGundy
Information Technology Director
Epping High School
Epping Middle School
P: 603.679.5472 x219
F: 603.679.2966
vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:k12osn-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf
Of Robert Arkiletian
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:55 PM
To: Support list for opensource software in schools.
Subject: [K12OSN] Microsoft Win2003 Terminal Server licensing

Does anyone have experience/ knowledge of what licensing  you have pay
for with MS win2003 terminal server if you use Rdesktop with the linux
thin clients?

Robert Arkiletian
C++ GUI tutorial http://fltk.org/links.php?V19

K12OSN mailing list
K12OSN at redhat.com
For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>

More information about the K12OSN mailing list