Re: [ok-mail] [K12OSN] Microsoft Win2003 Terminal Server licensing

On Saturday 19 November 2005 23:55, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> Does anyone have experience/ knowledge of what licensing  you have pay
> for with MS win2003 terminal server if you use Rdesktop with the linux
> thin clients?

Besides the Terminal CAL's that the others are mentioning you also need a
Windows client license for each linux thin client. Microsoft requires that
each client have a client OS license. I know from my own network that
WindowsNT licenses qualify, but older Windows OS's do not so if you already
have licenses, such as Windows98 you will have to check to see if these
qualify.

John
--
Thanks,