Re: [K12OSN] automating rsync

On Nov 23, 2005, at 6:40 PM, Doug Simpson wrote:

Is it possible to automate rsync so you can transfer files between servers automatically? and have it auto-supply a password for the remote end?

Yep, either NFS mount the directory (and rsync "locally") or set up ssh keys so that you can log in without being prompted for password.

The process for either isn't too hard.  If you can't google the answer, I'll take the time to explain the process further (or someone might reply with more instructions than I, but I have a lot of cooking to do, so I can't right now!)

-Shawn