[K12OSN] Would like feedback...

Hello all,

I have been mulling over an idea for a while and would like a little feedback. I have been thinking about an open source open source magazine for educators. Yes, an open source open source magazine. Basically a magazine about open source in education that the community would write articles for and expand them.

There are a couple of reasons I throw this out now.

1. There is a wealth of knowledge of lists such as this one, and I thought there could be another outlet for the people to let others know about open source in education.
2. I have been impressed with the model that Tux Magazine has been using. If you are not familiar, it is a PDF based product with a web front.
3. Tux Magazine is really geared towards the desktop user. Educators that I work with are almost always this or newbier (I just made that word up).
4. To see if there are enough of you who would be interested in writing and article here or a tutorial there.

I was thinking about a site that would allow users to download a PDF magazine with articles written by a community such as yourself. You know, like a newsletter but a little more elaborate. Something that a user could download and read on their computer or print out.

Here are some questions I have for you?

What would be some things you would like to see in a magazine of this type?
What would some categories be? (ie. opinion, tutorial, etc)?
Would you be interested in a magazine similar to Tux Magazine?

Let me know what you think. I would enjoy reading about your ideas and comments.

Timothy Hart