[K12OSN] Re: Web Survey Site

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Mon Nov 28 13:02:03 UTC 2005

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:44:59 -0500

> Do any of you know of any good web survey sites? We want to take
> surveys in
> our school district and would like to find one that is free if
> possible. A
> colleague of mine used Survey Monkey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/)
> recently
> and that looked quite nice and wasn't too expensive. Thanks in advance.

If your school already has a web site, there are any number of polling
options built into php/mysql or perl scripts that you can adapt quickly
or with no trouble at all. I don't know how detailed the survey needs
to be - if it's a simple poll or multiple choice questionnaire.

I cobbled one up for our school site last year in very little time to
specifically survey the teachers on technology needs which led us
eventually to k12ltsp.

If your school doesn't already have a CMS driven web site, this might
be the inspiration.

regards,
William Fragakis
morrisbrandon.com