[K12OSN] Security

I'm not really new to Linux, but when it comes to security in Linux, I'm lost. I am wanting to setup K12 here at my hospital as a educational lab for the children here, however, I need to make sure that they will not be able to access the hospital LAN, and any outside access that they do have will only be on the Internet. Is there a firewall between eth0 and eth1 by default? What are the details on that?

Thanks.