Re: [K12OSN] Security

So basically I will have to look for a hardware solution for that type of setup? Is there not anything on the server itself that I would be able to configure to only allow http requests to go out of it?

Petre Scheie wrote:

I would think that such firewalling/segregating would be a function of your main router, to separate the LTSP traffic from the rest of the network, by VLAN or otherwise. So, eth0 will connect to the hospital's router/switch, which should be configured to allow that port to connect to the internet. Eth1 will go to a switch that all the clients connect to.

Yes, there is a firewall within the Linux system underneath K12LTSP, but I don't think that's the right place to look for a solution to your problem.

Petre

Brad Thomas wrote:

I'm not really new to Linux, but when it comes to security in Linux, I'm lost. I am wanting to setup K12 here at my hospital as a educational lab for the children here, however, I need to make sure that they will not be able to access the hospital LAN, and any outside access that they do have will only be on the Internet. Is there a firewall between eth0 and eth1 by default? What are the details on that?

Thanks.