[K12OSN] Firewall blocking VNC

Debbie Schiel debbie at redeemer.qld.edu.au
Mon Oct 3 07:45:14 UTC 2005

Sorry everyone, Just after I hit send I realised I should have retitled this
post - it was "can't get vncserver to start" - but that no longer
applies since
I got the VNC server going with lots of help from k12osn gurus.

The VNC server is now running on our proxy server box, and it can
connect to itself via the vncviewer, so like Robert said it must be a firewall
issue. I've had a look and a play with iptables and added:

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -m state --dport 80 --state NEW -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -m state --dport 5901 --state NEW
-j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -m state --dport 5801 --state NEW
-j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -m state -s 10.0.0.1 --dport 443 --state
NEW -j ACCEPT

but I still can't get through to connect to other vnc servers.

Can you help?

Best regards,

Debbie

--