[K12OSN] 'Live' LTSP & ClusterKnoppix+LTSP

steve gilmore stegil at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:52:02 UTC 2005

These Live cd's that you're looking for, can boot terminal clients , and run
multiple clients either by pxe boot, or the universal boot floppy/cd. For a
test server, as much ram memory as you can muster.
For the clients at least 128mb.
Some of them in fact like Quantian, Cluster Knoppix also have an Openmosix
enabled kernel for shared cluster computing .
Not every program ideally migrates to shared computing. Like openoffice.
Whereas, Blender would.
Very easy to set up , just enble the terminal client daemon from the
clusterknoppoix menu.
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/

Parrallel Knoppix also enbles mpi cluster type computing for some
programmers to really try out via a live cd so called supercomputing.
http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix/

Hope this info helps.

SteveG