[K12OSN] Re: Which Windows apps stand in the way of Linux use at your school?

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:31:01 UTC 2005

On 10/3/05, Terrell Prudé, Jr. <microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:
> In no particular order, here are the major apps that I know about that
> our schools use.  Any one of these is, sadly, considered to be a show-
> stopper.
>
> - Reader Rabbit
> - KidPix
> - Research In Motion's "Blackberry" software
> - The VA State Standards Of Learning (SOL) exam (requires both Internet
> Exploder and QuickTime--ON WINDOWS, not even Mac)
> - Adobe Acrobat 7
> - Adobe Photoshop
> - SASIxp

Thanks for the list!
Which version, exactly, of Kid Pix are you talking about?
I'm currently testing Kid Pix Deluxe 3
(see http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=3500)
but that's the old retail version from five years ago,
and there are several other versions out there, including
school-specific ones.  Can you give me a URL for the
particular version you're talking about?
- Dan