[K12OSN] Which Windows apps stand in the way of Linux use at your school?

Terrell Prudé, Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Oct 4 21:55:27 UTC 2005

That's true...for most apps that require IE.  For example, Remedy's so-
called "Web-enabled" help desk ticket application, called Magic--which
absolutely requires IE--works just fine in WINE.  However, Cisco ACS and
CiscoWorks--both exceedingly poorly written pieces of dinosaur dung--
don't work right unless the browser is IE *on Windows*.  Not Mac, not
WINE--actual Microsoft Windows.  I know, because at work, I use IE on
CrossOver Office, and these two pieces of crap Cisco code just don't
work right, unfortunately.  Of course, Cisco is exceedingly in bed with
Microsoft and has been for several years.

--TP