[K12OSN] Shockwave on LInux? w/o spending $1000?

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Oct 5 13:18:27 UTC 2005

I don't think of it as money down the drain at all, but I don't need the
total functionality of Crossover Office....you used to have a product
called Crossover plugin....that's all I need....I simply want some plugins
to work with Firefox on K12LTSP that don't currently work.  If I got
Crossover Pro...how does the licensing scheme work...and will it work
multi-user?  I basically would need 25 licenses to cover my lab and a
couple other stations concurrently as 99% of what we use Shockwave plugin
for is done in the lab.  Flash works fine and that covers a LOT of what we
use....I just want that little extra.  I'm trying to do some stuff on
Netsmartzkids.org  and a few things simply won't work...I'm not 100% sure
that it's shockwave, but a lot of what I run into is.  Ideas?
Recommendations?