[K12OSN] 64 bit K12ltsp based on 4.4.1

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 22:21:05 UTC 2005

> What is everyone else using for 64 bit in k12ltsp installs-  Centos4 x86_64?

I think most people have FC4 but I haven't taken an official poll.

> If the python apps that don't work are all of the system-config-apps I would
> rather stick a 32 bit system on it...

No No.  Just some SOME python apps and firefox gave me trouble.   We
have an elementary school and so wanted Childsplay. It needed some
64-bit deps and a source install of pygame.  Pykota which isn't part
of k12ltsp, but quite usefull and popular, gave me a lot of trouble.
All in all it was a good chunk of time getting it going.  If you have
that time, great.  If you want to have the same problems eveyone on
this list has so that you can find quick answers,  use an OS that
people here use.  If you want to have problems that no one has and
don't mind spending hours finding the answers yourself go with the
lesser used OS.  I definetely learned some things that hopefully I can
share with others down the road, but if I had it all to do over I
wouldn't have gone with Centos4 x86_64.

Peter