[K12OSN] Licensing, urgent !!

Kevin Verheyen thepiano at telenet.be
Fri Oct 7 15:55:50 UTC 2005

Hello to you all.

I'l have to give a presentation on monday about LTSP in the
University of Leuven asked by REN Vlaanderen in Belgium.

I do have one big question regarding Licensing.
At our school we are running the following setup

One smb/ldap file server on FC4
3 centos LTSP servers with each 25 clients
1 Windows 2003 TS.

Now about licensing:

How many Windows Device Licenses do I need?
As I can record on the Win2003 server the only connections seen by
the server are those of the 3 LTSP servers.
So IMHO I only need 3 device TS licenses. Or am I wrong?
Do I need a win TS Device cal license for each of my workstations, or
just for my LTSP servers?
In fact they all run virtual desktops of the server, they are no real
device connections?

I do hope I only need 3....
Could some of you confirm or reject this?

Thnx,

Kevin