[K12OSN] Inspiron 2200 and FC4

Dan Young dan_young at mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Oct 11 14:43:35 UTC 2005

Chris McDonald wrote:
> Well no wireless is not an option, I use it all day at school. I dont
> know what a ndiswrapper is. And would hate to buy a wireless card when I
> already have one. I will attempt the lspci thing when i get more time, I
> have math class starting in liek 10 mins ago.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

"Some vendors do not release specifications of the hardware or provide a
linux driver for their wireless network cards. This project implements
Windows kernel API and NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification) API
within Linux kernel. A Windows driver for wireless network card is then
linked to this implementation so that the driver runs natively, as
though it is in Windows, without binary emulation."

--
Dan Young <dan_young at mesd.k12.or.us>
System Adminstrator