[K12OSN] hp t5125LI on CentOS 4.2.1 EL

John T. Leonard johnny at msad41.us
Tue Oct 11 15:44:34 UTC 2005

Could anyone help with an X video issue that I'm having...the server is K12LTSP
4.2.1 EL Final and the terminals are HP t5125LI's with VIA S3 graphics cards,
USB mice and keyboards...the displays are NEC Accusync LCD5V's....at the login
screen there will be a very thin 4 or 5 inch line on the display but will log in
with a perfectly clear desktop...when I run an app it will go for a few seconds
and then show a series of small 'vertically lined' small square boxes and then
it will freeze the terminal.....originally I got an X error message (which
mentioned needing a newer X version which I assumed was not the problem :-() but
that no longer appears at log in....

John

John T. Leonard
Technology Coordinator