[K12OSN] server giga nic - compatible

Terrell Prudé, Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Thu Oct 13 13:34:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 09:58 -0300, Ramon wrote:

> I would like to know if there's a list of compatible giga nic's for the ltsp server.
>
> is this compatible?
> 1) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833122133
> 2) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833338002
>
> Can you say one that is compatible?
> Thanks

Don't know about those two specifically (you might want to check
Netgear's Web site), but here are the cards that I have successfully
used.

- Intel PRO/1000 Fiber
- Amer.com C1000SX (Marvell Technology-based)
- Amer.com C1110 (Marvell Technology-based)
- Generic fiber Gig-E card (Level One NetCelerator LXT1001-based)
- The built-in Gig-E that comes with the nVidia nForce2 chipset (uses
the "forcedeth" driver)

--TP