[K12OSN] K12LTSP Live CD?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Oct 13 17:53:10 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 03:08:06AM -0700, Rob Owens wrote:
> For this reason I had asked in the past about a "live
> USB drive" install of K12LTSP.  I don't know how to go
> about doing it, but my idea was to have a live-cd-like
> system installed on a USB hard drive, which could then
> be booted on any computer.  I imagine it would run
> faster than having the same system running from a CD.

I haven't kept entirely up with this thread, but is the point of the
live CD to act as an LTSP server for thin clients?  Or just be
a live CD of Linux with the "K12" software that people are used to getting
when they set up a K12LTSP network at a school?

Just curious... :)  It seems like the latter makes more sense when I hear
people talking about 'bringing s/w home so kids can use it there, too.'
(TheOpenCD makes a lot of sense, too.)

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com