[K12OSN] Login or not to Login...that is the question.

Frank Lee frank at oobschools.org
Fri Oct 14 12:42:16 UTC 2005

This is really weird.  I have a K12LTSP Terminal Server that is reading
account information off a OSX 10.4 LDAP server.

Mounting user directories through NFS (Thanks to a couple pointers from
David Trask).  It works like a charm.

However it seems about 1/2 the users can login.  The other half get flashed
(oh my!) by a black screen and right back to the login box.

No rhyme or reason.  If the user works, it works, if a user doesn't they
don't at all.  However it does not seem to be happening to a specific
selection of users in any way.

The users are all in the same group, they're all based on the same setup,
etc.  The ones that don't work don't seem to be writing the .g* (.gconf,
etc) directories on login.  This prompted me to check permissions on the
home directory, etc and all is well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-F