[K12OSN] Login or not to Login...that is the question.

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Oct 19 23:48:04 UTC 2005

One other thing....sometimes folks think /bin/false might be more secure.
It's true....it'll be wicked secure....(you won't be able to log in at
all)  ;-)  You MUST have a shell of some sort.

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wed Oct 19 2005 at 14:08 +0000 wrote:
>Hi Frank,
>
>You may have already checked this, but I had this problem initially.
>Make sure on your macserver that your users have a shell account chosen
>in Workgroup Manager.  Mine initially defaulted to a login shell of
>"none".  I changed  my setting to /bin/bash, and those users can now
>login.
>
>Brad

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator