[K12OSN] K12LTSP: High School Experiences

Larry Mateo LarryM at fsusd.k12.ca.us
Mon Oct 24 19:55:00 UTC 2005

I'm requesting that some members of the K12LTSP community please write about positive and negative experiences that have been encountered when running a K12LTSP system at the high school level.

We at the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District have three K12LTSP systems running in middle schools; environments in which the students are either disinterested in or ignorant of the underlying technology, so we have few problems with security, hacking, gaming and like issues that we have encountered with our NetWare systems at the high schools.  We are debating installing K12LTSP systems in high schools, and would like some input on real-world issues we will be facing and their possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Mateo
Network Technician II
Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
larrym at fsusd.k12.ca.us