[K12OSN] K12LTSP: High School Experiences

cliebow at downeast.net cliebow at downeast.net
Mon Oct 24 20:57:04 UTC 2005

we have 130 nics in dhcpd.conf...maybe 80 terminals in pods of 4 sll over
ellsworth high school..we  use Teach2 and x11vnc to keep tabs on anyone
running heavy internet gaming...violate the internet policy and you lose
your browser...use someone elses login and the minute one logs out so is
the other..simple as that..SO we are locked down pretty well..noy rven an
x-term available....the downside is they never learn anything of the
awesome power within..
we also have most of Cave Hill on ltsp..a pod of 6 in the fourth grade..a
pod of ten ready to rock in the voc center soon as i get a server..and
dribs and drabs in the other ten
schools..chuck