[K12OSN] Reminder: Put your K12LTSP installation on the map

Mike Heins k12osn at perusion.com
Tue Oct 25 05:41:28 UTC 2005

Quoting Petre Scheie (petre at maltzen.net):
> Just a reminder for those who may have missed the notice last week: Add
> your school to the map of K12LTSP sites at http://www.frappr.com/k12ltsp .
> It's really cool! As it fills up it provides a great answer when people ask
> "Who else is using it?"
>
> Right now the count is at 38, but I see lots of messages on the list from
> people and places that aren't on the map yet.  I think we should be able to
> make 100 sites on the map, so I'll keep nagging once a week or so until we
> hit that, or I get kicked off the list for being annoying. ;)

I just added our site, new this fall. We have 30 donated thin
clients on two donated servers (glorified desktops, actually). The
kids took to them like ducks to water, and the performance and
reliability is a blessing.

All the troubleshooting time is spent on the Windows machines that are
still spread all over the school, and people are starting to notice that
the K12ltsp systems "just work".

Teachers think nothing of trotting their classes in to use the stations.
I was in the lab working on a couple of things when one trooped
in. There was *not a single question* from 26 fourth-graders about
logging in and getting Openoffice going -- within a minute all you
could hear was keybords.

--
Mike Heins

There's nothing sweeter than life nor more precious than time.
-- Barney