[K12OSN] Defending education usage for k12ltsp

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Tue Oct 25 19:30:25 UTC 2005

Glad to hear that it went well.

A 'beefer' server followed by a gig Ethernet between the server and the
switch will make a WORLD of difference.  A little prep-work comparing
the K12LTSP upgrade cost to the Windows upgrade cost might grease some
wheels for you.

You might want to see about getting those stand-alone Windows computers
on the same LTSP network, and you can use a boot floppy to get yourself
a few more terminals without messing with her Reader Rabbit :-)

You could have two labs, with the LTSP server in the middle.  Then they
can run as 1 Windows lab, 1 Linux lab when needed, or use the boot
floppies, and now you have 2 Linux labs.  (Might just be wishful
thinking, but food for thought)

Kevin