[K12OSN] *Home Directories*

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Tue Oct 25 19:35:14 UTC 2005

All,

I recently installed K12LTSP 4.4.1 and needed to authenticate against a W2K3
ADS. I was able to get that working today by using winbind. However, now I
have another question. While testing this, I used a domain account to log
into the terminal and receive the following message:

Your home directory is listed as: '/home/EMHS/vangundypw' but does not
appear to exist. Do you want to log in with the / (root) directory as your
home directory? It is unlikely anything will work unless you use a failsafe
session.

Now when I create the users folder in the /home/EMHS directory on the
K12LTSP server and put them as the owners it works fine and they can log in.
However, I run a fairly large domain with a LOT of users. Is it possible to
make it so that these folders are automatically created for each domain user
and the permissions are given to them as they log onto the machine? Or at
least make it so that Linux grabs user information from the ADS and
automatically creates the folders? I am trying to avoid creating each
individual home folder. Any and all help in this matter would be GREATLY
appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-Paul

Paul VanGundy

Technology Coordinator