[K12OSN] Printer Installation

NONE NONE gKw-X at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 26 00:30:40 UTC 2005

I'm attempting to install a printer on the server. It is an hp LaserJet 3200. It's plugged into the parralel port, and has been tested on other machines and works fine. I went to localhost:631 and added it as "Device URI: parallel:/dev/lp0", but it will not print the test page, it starts the job but nothing happens. Do I need to install a driver? I tried to follow the instructions here:

http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/install.php#download_install

but it gives me an error that it can't find a C compiler on the path when I get to the "make" command.

Do I need that hp software? If so, how do I get gcc installed? If not, what else could be wrong?