[K12OSN] tuxtype/tuxpaint/etc unuseable

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Oct 26 01:16:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 04:34:42PM -0700, NONE NONE wrote:
> If I run tuxpaint locally (on the server), and play around drawing a square, it takes 60%+ cpu, however it seemes to never go over 1.5% or so when it's running on clients. So how can I remove this cap? Stopping the verynice thing didn't seem to do it.
>
> If I can get this fixed, get a printer working, and get floppies/cdroms working, then this school will stick with linux, and it will very likely spread to other schools thereafter... If I can't, it will likely die here... So any help would be very good!

Can you please try the pre-release build of Tux Paint 0.9.15?
It might be a little more usable, with regards to the "XOR" rubber-band
effect that gets displayed when you go to use shapes.

  ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/tuxpaint-0.9.15-0.k12ltsp.4.4.1.i386.rpm

Or, 0.9.14 with the "nooutlines" option should work.
(Try "tuxpaint --nooutlines", or put "nooutlines=yes" in "~/.tuxpaintrc"
or "/etc/tuxpaint.cfg")

Does either help?

-bill!