[K12OSN] Re: tuxpaint and others running slow

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Oct 26 01:22:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 20:10, NONE NONE wrote:
> The switch doesn't have anything to check as far as I can see. But here is the server output. Apparently it's running at half? How do I change it to full?

It is supposed to auto-negotiate with the other end and a mismatch
is a killer for speed.

You should be able to force the server side with:
ethtool -s eth0 duplex full
but if the switch is really set to half it will make things
even worse.  Do you have another switch you can use for a test
or even a crossover cable that you could use to connect a single
client?  I think this may be your real problem and you could
prove it that way since you said that now even a single client
is slow.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com