[K12OSN] Re: Defending education usage for k12ltsp

James P Schwankl schwankl at chatham.k12.nc.us
Wed Oct 26 12:25:22 UTC 2005

Wow! 16 and 32 MB and she was suggesting that they go back to Win98?!? LOL

I'd like to see her put Win98 on a PI with 16 MB of RAM.  I bet it wouldn't have  taken a week before people would be beating down her office door demanding that the lab be "fixed" back to the way it was before. Even if you don't get sound working, (and here I'd recommend getting sound cards that are known to work "out of the box" with LTSP rather than play the 'tweak it til it works' game - Terrell mentioned a few), and she does dictate some kind of move to win98 on those boxes, you'll probably be back to linux once people realize what they had.

Peace,
Jimmy

Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
****This Message was sent through the Chatham County Schools E-Mail Server****

All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and
disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.