[K12OSN] Re: tuxpaint and others running slow

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Oct 26 18:38:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 08:02:05PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 10/25/05, Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 20:56, NONE NONE wrote:
> > > Tried it on a brand new machine with 512megs ram and a very fast cpu -
> > same thing :(
> >
> > This isn't making sense.  A machine like that as the only active
> > client should be nearly as fast as X on the console.
>
> It's time to get a developer to try tuxpaint2 and see if
> the slowness can be replicated locally somehow
> (say, by running it via remote X).
>
> tuxpaint2 seems to be abandonware - the site
> looks like it hasn't had any attention in two years...
> http://tuxpaint.sf.net

Hi - I think you're confusing Tux Typing 2 with Tux Paint. :^)
Tux Paint's website is here.  Mailing Lists, Bugs, CVS and files are
hosted over at SourceForge. (See http://www.sf.net/projects/tuxpaint/ )

The latest Tux Paint is 0.9.14, with 0.9.15 coming in a few weeks, I hope.

Now... that doesn't mean I shouldn't put some redirect up at that
tuxpaint.sf.net URL.  I had no idea people would think to go there. ;^)

Tux Typing 2 is here:

  http://tuxtype.sourceforge.net/

--
-bill!