[K12OSN] squidguard/dansguardian issue

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Thu Oct 27 03:38:44 UTC 2005

Hi all,
We are running into a difficulty with a website which hosts practice
tests for our state reference tests. If we access the site from our
squidguard/dansguardian box, it displays fine. But anything behind it,
both Linux and Windows fall into a death loop trying to load the site.

The headers of the web site have the following tag which I think is
making the browsers keep hitting the cache before the page fully loads:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="now">

I haven't been able to test everything behind the firewall with
squidguard/dansguardian turned off since I haven't been at the school
the last couple of days after student hours. I have googled endlessly
on the subject and, supposedly, squid ignores header info.

Any thoughts or has anyone encountered something similar?

The website is the following:
https://regiona.georgiaoas.org/servlet/a2l

Thanks,
William Fragakis
Morris Brandon Elementary, Atlanta, GA, USA.