[K12OSN] Reminder: Put your K12LTSP installation on the map

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Oct 27 13:59:40 UTC 2005

Edward Holcroft wrote:

>>> ... and Africa. So much for the information society.
>>>

>> It's just a Google map.  Simply zoom out, and you see the rest of  the
>> world!
>> (I think that's even been pointed out here a coupla times. ;^) )
>

> That part I figured out, but when trying to add a South African city,
> which I select from the pull-down list, it returns "undefined" in the
> dialogue box. Anyone know how i can get around that?
>
> ed

Hey Ed,
I just added 'NetDay' to the list, by picking Johannesburg from the pull-down list.
J'burg is probably hundreds of miles from your various installations, but perhaps you
could list the actual city name in the 'Shoutout' section for each site.  At this point,
I would argue that the more important part is the showing of how many places, different
places, are using K12LTSP, than whether the exact geography is accurate or not.
Assuming that works for you, someone should probably remove the NetDay site I put on the
map; it was just a test.

Sudev, you might want to do the same for India; I saw some Indian cities listed in the
drop-down list, though I didn't try any.  Better to be on the map, if slightly
incorrectly, than not on the map at all.

Petre