[K12OSN] RAID1 failure: need help

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Sat Oct 1 02:03:02 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Assuming you can shut the machine down, swap in a good drive for
> sdb - preferably one with no linux filesystem labels or raid
> partitions that might confuse things on the initial boot.

When I had this occur, it was a case of a power outage causing the disks
to break the raid set.  I reviewed everything including running the
manufacturers tool to determine whether there was a drive issue.  There
was not, and I have been running with raid for a month or more since I
re added the missing partitions and I have not had any further issue.

Tim