[K12OSN] 8 Minutes to Open Open Office 2

Samps samps at unplugd.com
Sat Oct 1 04:20:04 UTC 2005

I had look at oooforum.org, searching for DNS (as suggested by David
Trask) and it seems likely that the slow opening problem really is DNS
related.

Others suggest changing proxy and memory settings within OOo, a theory I
choose to discard due to having never changed these at the of realising
that my installations where working or not.

My problem is now that I haven't been able to make it work using any of
the suggestions. If someone can 'talk' me through setting up caching
proxy...

A few direct links for those interested:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=4516&highlight=dns
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=6341&highlight=dns
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=2032&highlight=dns
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=4521&highlight=dns