[K12OSN] 8 Minutes to Open Open Office 2

Edward Holcroft edward at netday.org.za
Sat Oct 1 07:14:52 UTC 2005

While I don't have a solution, I just want to confirm the same
problem on ten of our 4.4.1 servers with a range of motherboards and
NICs. These are all very simple "K12LTSP only" environments, no Samba
shares, LDAP or anything like that. They all worked perfectly until
upgraded. Unfortunately I sent a techie to upgrade a bunch of our
sites, so that's what he did! Now they all have a problem. They're
all systems with 20 workstations. Everything except OOo runs well.

In our case slow opening means about one to one and a half minutes,
not eight - but still too much for any user to bear.

Will try the Sun Java option suggested by Dan as soon as I'm back in
the office on Monday and give feedback to the list.

cheers
ed