[K12OSN] 8 Minutes to Open Open Office 2

Odin Nosen odin at visdom.org
Sat Oct 1 07:25:33 UTC 2005

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 09:14:52 +0200, Edward Holcroft wrote
> While I don't have a solution, I just want to confirm the same
> problem on ten of our 4.4.1 servers with a range of motherboards and
> NICs. These are all very simple "K12LTSP only" environments, no Samba
> shares, LDAP or anything like that. They all worked perfectly until
> upgraded. Unfortunately I sent a techie to upgrade a bunch of our
> sites, so that's what he did! Now they all have a problem. They're
> all systems with 20 workstations. Everything except OOo runs well.

We can also confirm the problem with the same setup as above. We've located the problem
to be linked with the CPU - it tops completely and we use 1-2 minutes to start Oo. The
CPU tops and goes down again when all users have started Oo. Sun Java is installed.

"!" from Odin