[K12OSN] RFC: smbldap-installer and LDIF backups

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Sun Oct 2 20:40:21 UTC 2005

I'm planning to modify the smbldap installer system so that 'slapcat
-l <blah>' is run regularly, and I'd like to know how other people
think this should work by default (i.e., when the various 'make'
commands are used).

1. I think the default should be to configure these regular backups.
2. Is once/week often enough for the backups?
3. I'd like to keep a rotation of the LDIF files around rather than
   just one.  How many?  This is really related to the answer to 2.
   I'm planning to use logrotate, unless somebody has a reason why
   that would be inappropriate.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/