[K12OSN] Which Windows apps stand in the way of Linux use at your school?

Curt Craig ccraig at safedesksolutions.com
Mon Oct 3 17:41:32 UTC 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 10:11, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> In each of these cases, did you simply get them running under Wine or
> Win4Lin? Or did you find a Linux-compatible replacement (be it Open Source
> or proprietary)?  Or, did you find a web-based solution?

We of course always try to present Open Source applications to our clients as
alternatives to their proprietary staff/student needs...but you probably know
the internal hurdles that this entails.

Some of the apps we were able to install/run just fine using Wine/CodeWeavers;
but if our clients present us with a potpourri of MS application needs, we
just stick with SafeDesk 2.0, which has Win4Lin bundled.
--
Curt Craig
SafeDesk Solutions