[K12OSN] Which Windows apps stand in the way of Linux use at yourschool?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Oct 4 15:58:18 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 08:28:50AM -0700, Huck wrote:
> tux paint does animations?

Tux Paint does not, as it's simply a drawing program (a kid's version of
big-kid tools like Photoshop, Gimp and Paintshop Pro, for example).

In the back of my mind I have plans on creating a 'flip-book' animation
program, separate from (but compatible with) Tux Paint.

> I thought kidpix did...
>
> I never used kidpix just was told about it by elementary school teachers.

Did you tell them about Tux Paint?  Did they try it out?  (It's not like it
costs them anything but a couple of minutes of downloading!)

-bill!
(who'd better get off his high horse, sorry ;) )