[K12OSN] playing wmv in K12LTSP...problems with mplayer

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Oct 5 21:29:55 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have a section of NetSmarzKids.org that requires the ability to play wmv
(Windows Media Video) files.  I know that it can be done as I do it in
Ubuntu with the mplayer plugin.  I having a very difficult time getting
mplayer to install on my K12LTSP 4.4 system.  I used yumex (YUM extender)
to enable the livna repository along with all the others and yet it still
will not install and I can't seem to gather why as it's simply giving me a
transaction error wih no output as to what is going wrong.  Anyone running
mplayer and mplayer-plugin for Firefox on a K12LTSP system....if so are
you able to play the videos on this page?
>http://www.netsmartzkids.org/tunes/index.htm
  Any ideas?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator