[K12OSN] Herding Cats

Brandon Kovach bkovach at logrog.net
Thu Oct 6 16:19:07 UTC 2005

We have 2 servers.  Version 4.2.0.  Both of them.  One of them housed
(past tense) home directories for both servers.  Students are finding the
workstations freeze when they have open office and firefox open at the
same time.  I thought it was a network issue.  I have eliminated that
possibility.  I thought I may have a server hardware problem.  I have
eliminated that possiblity as well.

Any ideas?  I would like to run Firefox and OO as a local app.  I don't
know how to do this and don't know if it's a good idea.  Any help or
ideas?

BK

--
Life is a race.  Don't lose.