[K12OSN] Student Record Software

Debbie Schiel debbie at redeemer.qld.edu.au
Thu Oct 6 21:40:54 UTC 2005

Quoting Mark Sarria <mes4294 at lausd.k12.ca.us>:

> I am doing some volunteer work for the school my son attends. It's a Small
> private elementary school. They have asked me to recommend a Student Record
> Program that will be able to maintain student information, print attendance
> reports, Grades in session (progress reports then final grades) and so on, I
> would like to know what you'll are using in your school Open Source or not
> is fine.

We're a private primary school in Queensland Australia using a system of
'outcomes' instead of grades so I've built our own 'Reporting Outcomes
Database' using PHP and PhpMyEdit.

http://www.redeemer.qld.edu.au/RODney/students.php
and http://www.redeemer.qld.edu.au/RODney/help/assessing-students.pdf

On the main page you have four options where you can #1 add, view, edit
students
and their notes, #2 view and search for specific outcomes in each Key Learning
Area (more of a teacher's tool), #3 assess students in KLAs and behaviour, #4
generate reports. We used it for the first time last year and it's still
developing. I'm not suggesting you use it though, I'm saying that if you can't
find what you're looking for maybe you could make it yourself?

Good luck in your search.

Best regards,

Debbie
--