[K12OSN] 64 bit K12ltsp based on 4.4.1 with 10 duplicate packages from i386

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 23:20:00 UTC 2005

Hi Angus,

Here is the link that I found

http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/AMD64%20Installation

I have two 64 bit Xenons, but just don't tell anyone!

I removed the 64 bit Firefox and then got rid of the arcoread 5.10, then
added fron Adobe Acroread7 and used their install plugin .sh file.  Worked
great.  The Java came from:

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Again- no probs.

Flash, too.  I followed the instructions from:

http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Linux_Installation_Notes

This page is great and really helps FC4 shine quickly after an install as a
full-blown setup.

I grabbed the TrueType rpm while I was at it.

I yum updated but had a lot of messed up and duplicated packages from i386
and the 64 repo.  I then removed the k12 repos from yum and did another yum
update and had a ton of dependency problems due to pilot-link or something
like that.  I removed it and it took with it kdevelop and little else- no
problem.

I have refrained from doing the yum update still, because maybe 10 duplicate
packages from i386 and 64 still exist, but maybe these are needed for 32 bit
compatibility- i don't know.

I'll wait for what you have to say and hope some others will pipe in here!

I'm sure the k12 will initialize fine and I have a working system...  Cool.

Let's keep in touch about this 64 bit thing.

Jim