[K12OSN] Laptop thin client won't start completely

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 00:29:02 UTC 2005

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop that has a built in Intel PCI  NIC.
The BIOS for the NIC is PXE version 2.1.
The server is running K12LTSP 4.4.1

The boot up goes past the un compressing Linux  and starts loading
services.  At this point I get an error message that indicates that the
server cannot identify the NIC and seems to think it is an ISA NIC.  The
next line is the Kernel panic- attempted to kill init.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I go about fixing this problem?
Thanks
Pat