[K12OSN] Ubuntu LTSP cannot authenticating to LDAP through GDM, but works with ssh

Glenn Arnold garnold at unrealsolutions.com
Mon Oct 10 18:11:33 UTC 2005

I am trying to setup a LTSP server with Breezy that authenticates to
LDAP and mounts home drives from a different server. When I use GDM to
login I cannot login to the server, but if I secure shell to the server
using ldap authentication it authenticates and mounts the home drive
from the other server with nfs. What do you have to do to the GDM config
files tell it to use LDAP authentication or what did I not configure in
my pam files to allow this to work?

Thanks
-Glenn