[K12OSN] OT: Software questions

Keith Olson ksoftconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 20:54:38 UTC 2005

Timothy Legged wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have been asked about software for creating banners,
>Posters.
>
>I imagine that they must want something less
>professional than Scribus.  Any ideas?
>
>Tim

I still keep a floppy with Bannermania!
(http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=782) and an old Fujitsu DL1100
(colour dot matrix) printer around for printing banners.  It's an
ooooold DOS program, but is still /great/ at what it does.  It also
works well for creating text for signs.  If you print just the outlines,
then trace over them with a tailor's spur, it will leave shallow dimples
in the wood underneath.  You can also trace over carbon paper - the
lines left are easy to paint over.

--
Keith Olson
K-Soft Consulting