[K12OSN] [Fwd: [Fwd: Bad Voodoo for open source...]]

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 23:34:08 UTC 2005

My son ran across this article.  It reads like typical Bill Gates
sneakiness.
Bye
Pat

This is a Story from the Free Software Foundation. It
would seem Microsoft is at it again.

Microsoft's Treacherous Computing

Microsoft is trying some strange skullduggery with its
partners in Treacherous Computing.

Treacherous Computing is an open conspiracy of
computer manufacturers with Hollywood, intended to
turn your future computers into a platform for DRM
(Digital Restrictions Management) that software cannot
bypass. Not satisfied with laws like the DMCA that
make free software such as DeCSS illegal, they seek to
make it impossible as well.

To cloud the issue, they cite various side issues
(such as vaguely-defined "security") as goals. They
are also producing a list of vague principles that
reject some of the malicious uses of the system (but
not the principal malicious use, which is DRM itself).
But Microsoft is stalling publication of the list,
which suggests it plans to implement some of those
rejected malicious uses too.
Created by johns
Last modified 2005-09-22 04:02 PM

and a longer version of this story at:
http://news.com.com/Something+fishys+going+on/2010-7350_3-5844412.html

Are we lighting or are we thunderLife is just a dream on the way to deathwith out darkness how can we tell what is light
Nathan Conlon