[K12OSN] tuxpaint and others running slow

gKw-X gkw-x at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 13 06:33:58 UTC 2005

Alright, they don't have much money at all, so I don't want to spend it
on something without knowing for sure. It couldn't be that my server is
too slow? This happened with only one machine logged in, though many of
them were booted up and sitting at the login screen. But only the one
machine was being used.

Also, they have two labs, the main one is in the same room as the server
and has 18 computers, the second lab has one cable running to it, which
is then branched out to another 8 machines. So even if I get a gig
uplink switch in the main lab, the machines in the second lab are going
to still have this problem?